Monday, March 20, 2017

Hey yall! This week was great!!

Its been warm this week- like in the 80s. So we have been biking around and talking to so many people and finding so many new investigators! 

I have been studying about our savior and what He wants us to do in our lives. I came across this verse in Mark 8:34-35. "Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will safe his life shall lose it, but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospels, the same shall save it."

He asks us to take up our cross, and follow the savior. He didnt say, ok- skip behind me and ill make it easy if you follow me. No! He said ok- you do your best, you follow my example, its going to be hard, but in the end your life will be saved and it will be worth it. And as I kept thinking about what it meant to follow His example, I thought about what the savior did that we each need to do. He was baptized, we need to be baptized. He preached his word, we need to as well. He performed miracles and served and loved, we need to as well. And at the end of his life, He suffered, so we will have to suffer as well. but we know, that just as he was saved in the end, so will we. 

Please pray for our area that we will be able to find solid people to teach who are ready to progress!!

Love you all!!

Sister Smith

ps- we are going to hike down in wichita falls today!! ill send pics next week!