Monday, August 22, 2016

Ticks, Dead Stuff and I'm Expecting!

Morning y'all.

So yesterday we got transfer docs and looks like I'll be training! ("expecting" greenies to train) I am beyond excited and terrified! My comp is going to Moore, OK and both of the elders are staying here. 

This week has been so packed with adventures! A lady in our ward lost a cow, so she enlisted our help to find it. We foraged our way through bushes and trees and brambles to find this cow who I guess left cause she was gonna have her baby. So we are looking for this cow while we are running through spider web after spider web and finally after a few hours we find it dead and rotting and half eaten. And we could definitely smell it before we could see it. And I found a tick in my hair and screamed so loud. But overall it was definitely an adventure. 


We also had a " free sale " at our church! Everyone donated stuff and then it was open to the whole community to come and get whatever they wanted for free! There was tons of clothing, kitchen ware, knickknacks, shoes, purses, ect! Like everything you can imagine and more. And so many people not from our church showed up! It was awesome! And we found a new investigator because of the free sale and we went and taught her on yesterday and she said she would be baptized! Her name is Francis. 

I love the people here, even the crazies hah:) I love oklahoma. I love the weather, and the bugs, the million thrift stores, and donut shops. I love seeing the people change as they accept the atonement in their lives. I love feeling Gods love for each of His children. I love being a missionary!

Thanks for all your support!

Sister Smith