Monday, August 14, 2017

Im literally crying my eyes out right now

How do you even write your last email about the best 18 months of your whole life and keep it short enough that people will actually read it? So here is my attempt to describe my feelings of this life changing mission experience.
The last 18 months have been filled with knocking doors, talking with crazy okies, being chased by so many dogs, being soaked from rain and sweat, biking for days, laughing my heart out, and crying out to my heavenly father. It has been a constant process of refinement and learning to have joy in the midst of tribulation. And the blessings have been innumerable. 
I came out with a hope, a belief that this gospel was from God. I now know with a surety that is brighter than noon day, that all this is true. Every single last bit of it. I know because it has changed who I am into something better, something purer. 

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak. Therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my god, for in His strength I can do all things; yea behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise His name forever.
So live the gospel. I promise the joy you will feel will be greater than anything you have ever experienced.
Love,
Sister Smith
ps- the pic is of us and Remmy going to the temple to do baptisms! So much happiness!